Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maverik

Dimmdrive opening app tinybrowser page in chrome

10 posts in this topic

As the topic suggest, every single time I rdp into my machine, i'm greeted with dimmdrives tinybrowser page inside chrome (my default browser) which basically gives me the same message that you'd normally get inside dimmdrive:

http://app.dimmdrive.com/tinybrowser.php?version=10012&user=Maverik

"See Dimmdrive in action with Steam!! here!"

Is this something that I've done or is it a bug that is manifesting because of rdp login? (I've never noticed it on my normal login but then i don't do normal logins a lot as my machine runs 24/7)

Any clues as to what I can do to fix this other then "have you tried turning it off and on again". I'm a developer myself and turning it off and on isn't really a solution. It merely implies that there's a bug that needs tracking down, so help me help you track it down!

Gracias for the software btw! Your symlink usage is brilliant. I had been doing that manually on other ram drives but since you've automated that, that alone was worth spending money on! (hello instant VS!)

I think this is something with how your RDP is set up.  I can't replicate this for just normal usage of Dimmdrive on any of my PC/laptops.  Hard to really say, but perhaps you are executing a key combo to open the Dimmdrive internal browser (which shows that tinybrowser) in a new window?

Nope.. its automatic even before i get to see the screen, dimmdrive automatically opens up the tinybrowser page in chrome.

I'm on Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 m on Windows 8.1.1. RDPing from Windows 2012 R2 Update 1 as well as Windows Technical Preview (10). Is there any sort of monitoring i can attach to see what triggers this? Also worth pointing out i think, the actual place where tinybrowser should be in dimmdrive is actually blank.

LzrvjzX.png

In case anybody's curious about 100% cpu, that's my WCGrid running so the cpu is never idle.

Interesting!

If you happen to have Dimmdrive closed and then open a RDP session, does a web browser open for something else, like a default application, or webpage open upon login, or anything else that uses a web browser in any fashion when logging in via RDP?

This will end up going away completely as the new Dimmdrive doesn't have that window that displays info.  Basically, the current Dimmdrive has a custom built-in web browser which displays some content to users.  This is going way, so this problem should go away as well :)

Nah Dimmdrive is the only thing that has done this. I've done a fresh login now and I'll rdp again tomorrow from office and see if i can retrigger this. it may be something CEF related, but if its going away, i guess we can ignore this and I'll just keep closing the tab. Appreciate the quick responses.

Edit: for this fresh session i can see tinybrowser in its normal place and if i lock / unlock the webpage isn't triggered. So basically need to some how crash the CEF WebView control I think to get it to open in my default browser (that's my current working theory :) ).

Indeed, RDPing back into home machine has triggered this bug again. So while it might be something particular with my setup, its definitely reproducible. I'll stop updating this thread now and hope that new version isn't far away :)

Edit: Interesting, finding that confirms my CEF suspicion i think. I installed Overwolf that also uses libcef and it crashed upon my relogin from rdp as well!

So its definitely something with libcef.dll but since i don't have any debug symbols, I can't really tell you where exactly did it die (well in dimmdrives case there's no exception surfacing so I guess it wouldn't matter even if i had symbols)

Interesting!  Out of curiosity, do you have any AV that could be disabled just for a test to see if that is somehow causing some issues, perhaps security related between Dimmdrive running and a new user login (creating a new security token perhaps?). 

But yea, either way, it goes away in the new Dimmdrive :)

Nah, there's no AV not even defender is running. While i do have multiple resident applications running, they're all standalone and non-intrusive. I researched a bit around for the AccessViolation (0xc00...05) that's happening in libcef and it seems to be affecting multiple applications. So I'm afraid while it'll go away with dimmdrives next version, I'll still be dealing with it in overwolf :( (time to head over there and report there too i guess!)

I'll go sign up for beta access and see if i can find any bug there! Thanks for your attention Tim  :)