Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pumuckel

What are the usage confitions for Dimmdrive after Purchase

2 posts in this topic

I'm interested since a few day's in Dimmdrive, I have however a few questions where I can't find any answer on it anywhere.

1. Is the purchase of the Software Limited to an installation on one PC or can I install it on my 3 PC's at home?

2. I saw on some topics that Users could not access Dimmdrive as it was not possible to connect to the Dimmdrive servers. Does this mean that Dimmdrive does not work at all if no Internet connection is established, respectively can Dimmdrive work if the Dimmdrive servers are down ?

I must admit that Dimmdrive looks really good, but all the available information about Licensing, general conditions after purchase are not clear especially as there are no trial or Refund Option.

Thank you in advance for any Help to my questions.

Hey there!

1:   Right now Dimmdrive is 1 license = 1 PC.  This very well will change if/when we get listed on Steam.  I am pushing VERY hard to get Dimmdrive sold on the Steam platform.  Then it'll work just like any other Steam game, and as far as I can tell, Steam lets you install things on 3ish PCs at once.  From what I have read so far, Steam will let me give ALL DIMMDRIVE USERS free Steam keys to Dimmdrive, making it so you purchase Dimmdrive now, you'll get the Steam upgrade for FREE.

2:  Yes, Dimmdrive will work if the Dimmdrive servers are down.  It has a very, very light license check, and it doesn't always need you to be offline.  Some users have firewall blocking Dimmdrive which causes issues.  But everything is AOK.

:)