Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oneupthextraman

Rescan every time?

6 posts in this topic

Does DimmDrive have to re-scan steam every time it re-loads? I closed it, and now it has to go through my 400+ games on steam, to get to the ones I want to load. Is there a way to speed the scan up? Or not have to have it scan everythign again?

I appear to be having a similar issue as the above poster.

Each time I start up my computer (DIMM Drive launches automatically) DIMM Drive has to rescan all my steam games (which for some reason, takes significantly longer in version 10012 than in previous versions).

I checked the folder where DIMMDrive is installed (this is not on the C Drive, is there a chance the cache is being created some where else?) but there was no cache folder with the rest of the program files.

I then uninstalled DIMMDrive via Programs and Features, and then reinstalled it (rebooting after each step). It's in the process of loading Steam games right now, but there is still no cache folder.

I have multiple folders with Steam games on different harddrives (I believe I have 3 steam folders in all, on 3 different hard drives), in case that makes any difference. I'm also running Windows 7 64-bit if that matters.