Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deadmeat553

Licensing Dimmdrive to Game Developers

6 posts in this topic

Have you considered licensing a version of Dimmdrive to developers for use in their launchers?

You would gain massive sales both through licensing fees and through people learning about Dimmdrive because of it, and then buying it so they can use it with all of their games.

Hey there!

Well somewhat along those lines, I'll be working towards listing Dimmdrive on Steam itself.  Considering a lot of users are fellow Steam gamers, it just makes sense!  I'm estimating around 5-6 weeks before Dimmdrive is listed on Steam's Greenlight.  I'll definitely be posting a big update when it happens to try and rally the community behind it for Greenlight votes!

Two questions about that:

1. What does that mean for those of us who already own Dimmdrive? Will out account's login info be replaced with our Steam login info?

2. How will Dimmdrive Steam Edition be different from the current version? How will it be integrated differently?

Everything is a bit too early to speculate on #1 and #2 as its up to a couple months out, assuming everything is clear cut and goes smoothly!

The big challenge will be to get as many people to vote "YES" on Steam's Greenlight when Dimmdrive is submitted for community approval!