Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deadmeat553

Full Steam Integration

2 posts in this topic

I was thinking, rather than have Dimmdrive be a completely seperate program, why not have it as a program that you run one time (giving our login info like we do now), and it adds data to Steam, allowing for direct usage of Dimmdrive.

By this, I mean that in Steam under the "Play" button, there could be a Dimmdrive button.

Basically, I'm asking if it's possible to have Dimmdrive in the future function as a mod for Steam rather than a seperate program.

Well, 2 things:

#1  Dimmdrive does a lot of things in addition to just creating a ramdrive.  For this, it has a program interface options, etc., and in addition, the program does a lot of things behind the scenes, such as the real-time file syncing.  Upcoming versions of Dimmdrive will do even more than that, such as analyze a game and recommend smaller ramdrive sizes to be more efficient.

#2  Integrating into the application of another program has all sorts of legalities/rights issues involved, something I wouldn't want to touch with a 10 foot pole :)

I'll let you in on a tip though!  Right now Dimmdrive is undergoing some massive updates to the entire application. It'll look nothing like you see now.  Once these updates are done, I'm going to try and get Dimmdrive listed on Steam itself!  That would open a ton of doors for potentially deeper integration, game detection, etc.  Super exciting stuff!