Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moocow

Origin Support?

11 posts in this topic

Not sure if it's as "simple" as the Steam option to integrate, but how about adding in Origin support for those games like Battlefield. I know it's relatively easy to just drag a game to the other programs but may be a nice to have.

I'm sort of waiting to see what more people think about Origin and this, to see if it's that useful.  If people want Origin built in then I'll add it.  I'm not sure though if people really want it.

Based on my experience, people use Steam because they love it.  People use Origin because they are forced to use it.  What do you think? :)

Based on my experience, people use Steam because they love it.  People use Origin because they are forced to use it.  What do you think? :)

Quoted for truth LOL.

i don't think people give origin the chance it deserves. I use it and have no issues with it. it's just a steam clone so people hate on it.

I have had the occasion to deal with their customer support, a real person answered the phone, spoke english, and was more than helpful. It was, hands down, the best CS call i've ever had.

The newest Dimmdrive is very passive with how files are ramdisk'd and should work smoothly and flawlessly with game managers such as Origin without so much as a hiccup!

I use Origin for my Crysis 3, and it's working fine.

But a specific Origin gaming profile would be nice.

Nothing I have on Steam needs DimmDrive to work. I "could" try to speed some stuff up, but other that my modded Fallout 3 and all my Cryses I don't think I have anything that really taxes my system.

I also think that having Origin integration would be a good thing because although Origin is completely unnecessary compared with Steam, it has some exclusives which I like to play such as the Crysis Series and so I don't think it would be a bad thing to add integration, especially since I don't see it "going away" anytime soon, but I would still prefer it if everything that was on Origin was available on Steam because then I would have no need to use it.

Just to bump this, I've noticed that even games that are added to the steam library manual (say origin game shortcuts) or automatically (uplay games bought on steam) don't show up.

I'd be happy enough manually editing a csv file with relevant name, image, paths etc to get them in quickly an easily :)

That or a dialog type wizard to point to paths.

Yeah I know I can get it to 'work'.
But I like the way the functionality works as a launcher with steam games, image + name + click to start.

Was just hoping the functionality could be extended to non-steam games, even for 'apps' it would be nice to choose an image and launch path.

Really like the redesign BTW :)

Thanks, the redesign was artistically created by IceBadger, a Dimmdrive user, and I love it!

For the look of the game and clickability for Origin games, if you drag the shortcut, it should still work. Plus you can still use Origin to launch them :)