Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chewy

A few feature requests

2 posts in this topic

I'm liking how user friendly the program is so far but there are a few things I'd love to see. Figured I'd throw them into one topic.

1. A bigger window or alternate view of Steam games.

I have 150 some games in my Steam library. Viewing them three at a time is not ideal. An option for a bigger view or perhaps searching would be really nice.

2. An option to re-select the exe file for a game.

The EXE files aren't always named well and I've messed up by selecting one meant for configuring the game instead.I can't see any way for me to change it so I'm stuck with opening up the drive manually.

3. Better integration with source engine games

I don't have the base HL2 so I'm not sure how that's set up, but I have the two episodes and I don't even know how to set them up with this. For episode 2 it at least has the .exe file in the folder but it doesn't work when I try to load it up with Dimmdrive.

EDIT:

Another thing that should be added, kind of related to #2... there needs to be a separation between the selection of the EXE file and the selection of the install directory. The exe isn't always going to be in the base directory so this feature doesn't work, making copying and pasting and then manually launching from the drive necessary in these cases.

Hey Chewy!   Excellent ideas!  

1. A bigger window or alternate view of Steam games.

It's almost as if you're reading my mind!  We are going to be changing the "grid" type of layout quite a bit.  The first change is going to add a "quad grid" type of system to see how it looks and then go from there.  This won't be in the update in a few days, but the one after that.  We'll probably roll out a few look n feels and get some feedback from there.  

2. An option to re-select the exe file for a game.

That's definitely an oversight on our part.  We'll fix that!

For your #3 and edit of #2, the upcoming update this weekend will go a long ways to doing that as it'll virtualize game files in a slightly different way.