Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Administrator

Regarding SPAM bots hitting our forum ...

4 posts in this topic

We've been getting hit with SPAM bots more and more lately.  It seems that, as Dimmdrive is growing fast in popularity, SPAM bots hitting the forums have increased as well.  While dozens of spammers are auto-banned per day, from time to time, some get through the cracks.

REPORT THEM!  

I pay attention to each and every SPAM report and I deeply thank you guys for that.  Screwy and IceBadger are rockstars at reporting them.  Many thanks!

I'm working hard on a bunch of new things for Dimmdrive, and once those are launched, I plan on offering some of our forum heroes the power to moderate, which should help out a ton, too.

Whew!

I check the forums multiple times a day so if I see SPAM I report it, reporting SPAM is easy, just hit the report button in the lower right corner of a post write something like "SPAM" in the box and submit, job done! (Just in case some of you were unaware if this!)

I also want to commend you for being on top of it really quick, the SPAM was gone not very long after it being spotted it, so good job on that!

Most of the time I'm browsing the forum on mobile. I'm sorry to say it, but the mobile version is very lackluster. Reporting doesn't even seem to exist.

My other gripe, though it's kinda irrelevant here, is that the nav is only on top of the page, so it means scrolling the entire way up once you've read a thread...

I could try and fix some of that up if you'd like :)

Other than those mobile gripes, you do a good job of removing the spam quick :)

IceBadger has been a rockstar at reporting the spammers - thanks a ton!

I just implemented some additional features to stop spammers as of today.  Let's see how much it'll help!