DXMage

A strange quirk not saving profiles

9 posts in this topic

Dimmdrive is working fine except for one thing after I upgraded from 1004 to 1010 and that is my game profiles don't save.  I have to make a new one every time I want to use it. Ideas?

Win 8 Ent 64bit

32gb ram

Be sure you don't have multiple dimmdrive drive windows open, I noticed mine only saves the configuration from the one that closes last.

Also, be sure to always turn off dimmdrive before actually closing it. Otherwise your folders won't be renamed back properly and the next dimmdrive you run might not find them.

nope just the one install operating. I shut it down each time I'm done when I'm shutting down the system for the day. 

Hey there!

You mentioned you went from Version 10004 to 10010.  Somewhere in those versions we changed how config files were saved.  You probably need to do a manual clean-up and then re-install.

Do this:

• Uninstall Dimmdrive
  • Open up windows explorer and navigate to C:\Users\admin\AppData\LocalLow   (or whatever your username is) and delete any Dimmdrive folder.   Also, look in c:\program files (or 86, depending on your setup) and delete Dimmdrive from there.
  • Reboot
  • Reinstall Dimmdrive.

It should ask you to re-log in which is good.

OK, as it has been acting kinda wonky when i shut down Dimmdrive.  Windows 8 says it has stopped responding but once I get the manual removal and cleaning done I'm sure it will clear up. 

There was also a directory C:\Users\notmyname\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\dimmdrive that I assume needed to be removed that the uninstall didn't remove as well as C:\Users\notmyname\AppData\Roaming\dimmdrive. 

Let me toss this in there:   The upcoming Dimmdrive has some new features that will ensure Dimmdrive shuts down smoother, which I think could help you out.  So give me 3 days-week to release this new build and let me know how it goes once it is live!