kobel13

Load Crash

18 posts in this topic

Hey folks i'm new to dimmdrive so this might be a simple problem, I start up dd and it does its thing (copy files and such) and right when in gets to 100% its crashes (program has stopped working ) and closes any help would be nice . i have had it working for a couple days now and this just started happening. thank you for any and all help.

i have uninstalled DD and re-installed it now i cannot drag/drop any item into it ,when i do it instantly crashes.

Try uninstalling again, then reboot, then download the latest install,then reinstall, then reboot again. Then create a folder c:\Log and then run DD, log in, set a small drive like 2GB, drag something like Chrome into the Other Programs folder. Click to turn on Chrome, then DD to ON.

If it has an issue, close DD, and open up the Dimmdrive log file in C:\Log and see what we can find there.

dimmdrive has detected an unclean shutdown and reverted any symbolic link changes. Please start your dimm drive again. this is the error i get when trying to launch League of legends , and i have uninstalled and re-installed the program do i have to reinstall league?

i can copy and paste the shortcuts into the other program folder but cant drag and drop, and where do you want me to put the c:/log  folder at.

The folder is in your c: drive, just the base, called Log.

You don't need to reinstall anything.  I think the issue might be that you're not closing Dimmdrive correctly, or your PC is crashing, or something.  Dimmdrive displays the cleanup stuff when it detects it wasn't shut down correctly. 

Well is there a special formula for shutting it down or just make sure you turn it off before you exit out of the program ?

Ok i just re-installed league and reinstalled DD , both are fresh installs , but it seems that the files that were in DD before will not work in it any more , league, overwolf all others seem to work just fine.

ok i can copy paste , drag drop not functional, i can paste firefox and BFBC2 cpu-z gpu-z , to load League,overwolf i get that error  mind you these are fresh installs , so none of the old files are here and i have made sure to shut DD down correctly ,

ok through a little digging there was a symlink or symbolic data folder in the riot games folder so the trial and error side of me said delete it so i did and now league loaded into it, but the drag and drop option of the program still isnt working. I need to copy paste into the (other program window to put a program in it.

if windows is not allowing you to drag one program into another that is usually a permissions things. make sure your account has admin privs.

the 'other programs' section of the interface is for just that, things not listed in the games window. if the game is in the games list, then all you need do is set the DD size to accommodate the game, turn the game switch to the 'On' position then turn the big DD switch to the 'On' position, wait for the copy, and then launch the game as you normally would.

how much ram do you have? and how much are you trying to set DD to use?

What exactly does it do when you drag and drop something into Other Programs? If it does nothing, then just double check that the folder hasn't appeared further on the list.

I've also run into situations where the folder doesn't appear, but DD still thinks it's there, you need to restart DD and try again.

also if the folder starts with a non alphanumeric character it won't show up in the list

otherwise you should be able to drag an drop, and if you're getting the 'deny' symbol when dragging it over then it's a permissions thing for sure.

It shouldn't be a permission issue at all as long as you're using a normal user account admin. 

Just make sure Dimmdrive is set to OFF when you try to add new programs/folders/etc.  

Same for me

suddendly stop

load ram drive and then stop working

Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    dimmdrive.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    5298b054
  Problem Signature 04:    Dimmdrive
  Problem Signature 05:    1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    5298b054
  Problem Signature 07:    f6
  Problem Signature 08:    106
  Problem Signature 09:    System.NullReferenceException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    3081
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Same for me

suddendly stop

load ram drive and then stop working

Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    dimmdrive.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    5298b054
  Problem Signature 04:    Dimmdrive
  Problem Signature 05:    1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    5298b054
  Problem Signature 07:    f6
  Problem Signature 08:    106
  Problem Signature 09:    System.NullReferenceException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    3081
  Additional Information 1:    0a9e
  Additional Information 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3:    0a9e
  Additional Information 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Hey Eric, could you make a video recording of your PC after you reboot, running DD, using it normally, showing the crash?  I'm having problems reproducing it other than what people are saying might be from EVGA/Precision/Rivatuner.

Thanks!