Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Durakone

DayZ Stand alone

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has found a good config for the new DayZ standalone? Just for starters I was having some sound issues in game so I toggled on all the files I found in the main that had the word "sound" in the name and it appeared to help some of the juttering issues, but I still can't fit the whole thing on to dimmdrive. I actually had used RAMdisk previously with the original DayZ mod itself and it worked great despite their 2 gig limit, but as DayZ standalone is a lot more integrated with the arma baseware I'm not sure how to replicate that experience.

Richardgode likes this

There is a good tutorial on the forums here for how to figure out the top files you should add to Dimmdrive.  Check it out, it is pretty good.  On my phone ATM so it is hard to link it...

Love the program!

Having bother with Dayz standalone however; I've added some files as per the above link but when I launch the game it just adds it to the background processes and never really loads.  I've only got 8GB ram and using Win8.1, other games have worked great so I can't figure out the issue here yet!

Also, happy new year everyone!

I play with the whole game in RAM. I can say I notice the transition into new areas less, and also notice the slight lag when you zoom in into a new area in the distance.

I think it works for DayZ, even if its not by much.