seantitmarsh

Origin/Non-steam game profiles

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I ran into a bit of a problem trying to integrate one of my Origin games. I pointed Dimmdrive at the .exe file, but it only detected the 0.2GB of data in that folder, and not the rest of the data.

This was the original Crysis, where their folder structure is something like this:

Bin32

Bin64

Levels

Game

Mods

.... etc.

The .exe is either in Bin32, or Bin 64, depending on the version that I run. It seems like Dimmdrive wants to search lower directories only, and therefore isn't picking up the rest of the data.

So, the suggedtion is this: is it possible to import an entire game folder, and select the appropriate .exe for the game to use? OR, would it be worthwhile creating a list of game folder structures for DD, and when it detects an .exe that matches one in its "recognised list" it gives you the option of using the default folder structure.

Naturally, the directory structure information would have to be community sourced, I don't expect you to own every game there is Tim ;)

Thanks!

Hey there,

Just drag the whole folder into the Other Programs and it'll work :)

In the future, we might add direct integration into Origin.  Basically, if people ask for it, we'll see about making it happen :)

Ah, I didn't try dropping the whole folder, whoops. I was using the Right Click --> Select Program method.

I wouldn't mind origin integration, but It is origin, so maybe encouraging avoiding it is a good idea :P

That is exactly what people have been saying about Origin.  People use it because they are forced to use it, VS people use Steam because they worship the air GabeN breaths :)

(can't blame them)

I think people just don't want two digital distribution services installed... honestly Origin isn't a bad service, and their customer support is the best I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I wouldn't mind Origin support

I think there should be integration for all the major services, origin and uplay as well. Because origin has a lock on the battelfield series, and when I got my gfx card it doesn't give all steam codes, and I would love it if there was easy integration for 99% of my games. Because 90% isn't enough for a speed-whore like me.

Well, Dimmdrive supports 99.9% of software. You just have to drag it in instead of having it in Dimmdrive. So you can get the speed in any game you want :)

I'd personally rather see more global features and improvements that can be applied anywhere, rather than concentrating on particular pieces of software. I can forgive Chrome integration though because it already has massive performance gains and it's my primary use for DD ;)

Just a newbe,

Needed  a ram drive and found you on google....

I will be testing your software this afternoon

System spec :

Evga dark

4960X

32gb of Corsair platinium 1866

Revo drive 3 (256)

samsung SSD pro ( 256 )

1 x Evga 770 sc 2gb

Overclocked to 4.3 stable

Playing : Battlefield 4

looking forward to see what she does with your software

Thank you