Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HitomiTenshi

The ability to add everything and nothing.

5 posts in this topic

Currently I can only add executable files. It's okay, though it becomes a problem real quick. Here are a few rants:

1. I have downloaded the x264 encoder and I want to sync it into dimmdrive. Only the encoder, nothing else. Dimmdrive though wants to sync my whole downloads folder which is about 300 gb in size.

5rg9Z.png

I only want the file AND the rest of the remaining Dimmdrive size as my Dimmdrive.

2. I know some applications like Mozilla Firefox store their temporary cache, profile settings, history etc. in a folder inside %AppData%. I want to sync them too, not just the application itself, which is located under %ProgramFiles%.

Please make my life easier.

the first part is easy... either put the file in a new folder by itself, or use the wrench icon in DD to load only the file you want, also you could not add it to DD at all, just start DD empty and put the file in the new drive manually but you'd have to remember to copy the files off the drive before you disable DD.

as for the second part it is coming, Tim is working on it

the 'available DD size' accounts for all programs you have enabled, not just the one you're looking at right there.

in this case it's accounting for the whole directory size even after you've used less ram? I can confirm that, it doesn't take into account that you've selected less data

Yea there is a bug that is very rare, and it has to do with files being in a base root of a drive, without a folder.  Dimmdrive calculates/adds the whole base root VS the specific file if its not in a folder.

It's getting fixed, till then, Screwyluie has the perfect fix of adding it to a folder :)