Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim

Tim's Gaming RIG

7 posts in this topic

Out of curiosity, how do you have your RAM set up? I also have the RIVE and the same memory kit, but I get about 4,900 out of Dimmdrive. As superfluous as it is at these speeds, I want more transfer when I know I should be getting it!

Something on your mobo is def messed up. My speeds are actually slow due to a CAS of 11/12 on my RAM.

Make sure you have quad channel enabled, your mhz is set to 2400, and your timi gs are factory.

Keep in mind ram speeds is not about mhz, it is about CAS. 1600mhz CAS9 will utterly smoke 2400mhz CAS11 RAM by a ton.

I used to do a bit of streaming I had my spec's posted as well.

I think it's more of a talking point so they can engage with you :P

P.S. Not a bad rig when you upgrade you can ship some of them my way I will gladly accept charity.

Tim, I need your help with increasing my overclock on the CPU. I'm at 4.7 GHz. I'm able to go up to 4.8 GHz but its not 100% stable. I have the same CPU and motherboard combo as you. Please send me your settings if possible. My CPU is also kinda degraded a bit so I'm not expecting 5.2 GHz out of it.

I've done all sorts of OCs these days on my system.  I sit at 4.4ghz nowadays. 

The thing to keep in mind is this:  The "Silicon Lottery" makes different chips and setups OC in a wide range of stability, and make sure you cool the heck out of your setup.  I'm finding that a H100i with push/pull setup starts to cap out at 4.8ghz, so anything above and you'd want to go a double radiator or a custom loop cooling setup.