Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
birdomike

Skyrim Commonly Accessed Files (Less RAM option)

3 posts in this topic

So I spent some time this evening in Skyrim. I use the SKSE Mod loader with Skyrim, and I used the filter to track anything dealing with TESV.exe. 

I tried to load around towns and random areas a bit. I'm a little confused whether the Process Monitor was able to capture the mods use or not. Regardless, here are my results. 

EBjgmdb.jpg

Textures.bsa (1.3GB), Meshes.bsa (1.4GB), Sounds.bsa (900MB) are the top three accessed files. So if have about 4GB extra, I'd say do those. From there, animations.bsa (40MB), misc.bsa (169MB), Voices (1.3GB), and mods (Unofficial skyrim Patch and Guard Dialogue Overhaul). 

It was a mess when I installed Skyrim Mods. They are present on the C drive, while Skyrim is located on my D drive. (It was my first attempt at using mods for a game, besides Minecraft). I'm thinking of wiping everything and doing a fresh install. Regardless, I hope this is helpful to someone. 

Awesome info!

I'm surprised I don't see the high res textures in there.  Do you have them installed?  I checked my DIR and here they are:

HighResTexturePack01.bsa

HighResTexturePack02.bsa

HighResTexturePack03.bsa

These files, for me, get pegged a ton!  They are about 5GB total.

I grabbed them as part of a free DLC on Steam.  I believe they are still free.