Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jibberish

A list option for your games

14 posts in this topic

I figured this was really the only fair way to address this issue:

1998785.jpg

But in all fairness it's really super annoying spending 10 minutes using a super touchy scroll bar to slide icons from left to right.

Please please please for the sake of usability add a simple vertically-scrolling, scroll-wheel enabled list option for the games. :)

Thanks!

Was about to look for this and request it myself.

It would be nice with a list where:

• Sort by game name
  • Sort by game size
  • Search for game
  • Go to game by hitting letter (hitting D would bring you to the first game that starts with a D)

And while I like the look of the app, I do think maybe its a bit of a gimmick and that it would be nicer to have scalable areas for the games and other applications, current design is fine for small amounts of programs, but gets messy if you start adding larger amounts.

Yeah, the "dimm" ui is cute, but it's a huge hassle for someone with a ton of games.  I have over 350 games installed via Steam, and over a hundred from other sources.

Hey all!

The Dimmdrive GUI for large number of steam games is definitely getting tweaked!  It will be a couple weeks away, but its coming :)

Sounds great, I am extremely pleased with how it works, I always had issues with micro stutters in ArmA 2 and 3, but now its all gone, the games ran at 60fps, but not smooth, now its really smooth the entire time!

Just to expand on the better UI:

• Ability to sort by last enabled / show last enabled date-time
  • Ability to favorite applications/games to show at the top/front

That way its easier to find games, like Skyrim is fairly late in my collection, so it would be nice to put a star on it to have it show up at the front.

Do you think a search/sort function would be nice?  As in, a box where you type, and it automatically displays only games that match what you typed?

Example:  You type Sk

All your games disappear but Skyrim and Sky Blah.

What do you think? 

xiohexia likes this

A "recent" checkbox or dropdown would be nice, since turning off a games drive/config sends it back into the alphabetic list.  Something to get the recent games up in the front to be picked easier.

The checkbox, and list, is definitely being added.  Dimmdrive is going to be undergoing a massive rebuild and all of this fantastic feedback is being considered.

Great job guys, keep up the great feedback!

This isn't a ui thing, but do you think there could an auto dimmdrive feature in the future? Like lets say there are programs saved in DD, but not turned on. Could there be a feature that if you started that program, it would automatically close the program as it's starting, turn whatever files you've configured for it in DD on, and then load a DD with just enough for that program, and then restart the program. And also if you close the program, it will automatically turn off DD and then turn the program off in DD. And this could be activated with a little switch somewhere in the UI. I understand that this would take a while to code, but I think it would massively improve DD. 

That would be pretty neat :)

It would work well for games and also programs in the long run, but if you're just starting word to make a quick note or something then it'd get quite annoying to wait for it to copy across.

If you could just enable it for stuff that you're going to spend a while on (2 mins waiting at start of 1 hour on Battlefield to get better performance is worthwhile to me) then that would be great :)

I think DD just generally needs to work better for multiple programs. I don't want to restart DD just to add a little program to it, especially if I have programs running off of it currently.

The best part of DD is that it is a program that is always evolving.  Things like this, as well as all the other recommendations, are going to be added.  It is just a matter of time :)