Tim

Favorite gaming websites/forums?

11 posts in this topic

Hey all!

Would any of you happen to be good standing members of some gaming website forums?  If so, I'm looking to do some give-aways of Dimmdrive!  

So if you know of some good, deserving gaming communities that you post on, let me know about them here!

Wow, is Garrysmod still super popular?  I loved it at launch, not sure if people are still playing it as they did back in the day.

Its more like its own self sustaining website now. Garrys Mod could drop off the face of the planet and that site would keep on rolling.

Ahh yea those are the best types of communities IMO.  Ones who stay together more for the community itself VS the initial game/etc.

Do you post in that community often?  Do you think they'd be responsive to a giveaway of Dimmdrive and maybe some Steam cards?  I like to do the giveaways as a way to raise awareness of Dimmdrive, get user feedback, etc.  Communities seem to love it, at least, the PCMasterRace on Reddit does!

I got the chief editor of http://www.gamefront.com/ on Skype

I played some games with an editor of http://www.gamespot.com/ a while a go, think I might still have him on Steam can't find him, might have changed nick and I do not recognize it

http://www.giantbomb.com/ is pretty great, they do giveaways and all sorts of cool cumminity stuff all the time, and are just really good to their viewers and users.

Ahh yea I remember GiantBomb!  I almost sold a website to them a few years ago!

I looked into Gamefront, they are owned by Escapist, which started when they purchased Crossroads gaming network.  The first company I created in the late 90s did guild hosting, email hosting, for MMORPGs like UO, EQ, AC.  I built the first guild hosting system from scratch in Perl.  Anyway, guess who was one of the small sites I hosted?  The Crossroads gaming network!

Wow, blast from the past there!

I was thinking that maybe it would be a good thing to contact some sites, offer them a review copy of DD, maybe even some free keys to give to their users in contests/etc.  Do you think either of those sites would be interested Ice?

Cheers!

I am pretty sure if contacted properly they would both be interested! Make sure to know what they like and bring that up, try and make them interested in you and the program, if you can do that you could sell them anything you want :P

Tim likes this

Hey Tim, I'm very into the video game streaming websites.

Specifically, anything having to do with DayZ Standalone.

This includes DayZTV.com, DayZDB.com and many reddit 

sites that deal with DayZ SA.

I plan to be promoting DimmDrive through various articles and my own website.

I plan to just use the affiliate link, but if you have a better option I will use that.

Preferably, if there is something that I can use that looks LESS like an affiliate link.

If we can do a coupon code, or referral code that works best.  
I hate to say it, but many gamers are skeptical about affiliate links.

I also would love to promote DimmDrive through some giveaways.  I am getting started

promoting giveaways in my stream, and this would be a great way to draw attention to 

you product.  

Also possible, is that I can stream my game with DD and without DD (both with fraps showing), 

so people can see the difference.  This will become more apparent as I can also show the 

difference with my old spinning  HDD and DD to compare.

I am going to be making a website to funnel gamers into affiliate links.

Have you ever thought of signing up as an "Advertiser" with Commission Junction?

I would suggest getting with them, and offering a free trial of DD, or referral bonuses with them.