Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gamefreak346

Not able to reinstall

7 posts in this topic

When I originally found this update I thought I needed to use the link on the /download page because steam wasn't installing any updates. Went through the process and found that it was a different version.

So I tried to reinstall it through steam after uninstalling the other one and restarting once more, but when it reached 100% it said I couldn't install it because of a "disk write error". This went on for about 10 minutes before I decided to restart the computer again and try again after that. But when it turned back on and I went to install it, it wouldn't even let me start installing it. I'm not sure weather or not it's a program issue or a steam issue at this point, but it only started after the initial update was uploaded.

I'd like some help with this as I really enjoyed using the program to boost performance while recording, and I don't want it to be just a waste of money.

but when it reached 100% it said I couldn't install it because of a "disk write error".

Since you purchased it via Steam, that means you would use the Steam version/download/install.   However, your error above, that sounds like you very much have a PC issue unrelated to Dimmdrive.   Those disk write errors mean your hard drive is having an issue, so you'd definitely want to resolve that ASAP before your PC has a bad crash.  Then install Dimmdrive once that is resolved!

Best of luck!

I've been attempting to fix the drive since your last post, doing everything I could to get the issue resolved. Even ended up having to reinstall the steam client and thus all the games installed through it as well. And even after all of that it still comes up with a "disk write error" when I attempt to install Dimmdrive. Furthermore, it is the only application which has this issue, as all the other games I've tried, before and after, big and small sizes, fresh installs and reinstalls, have worked out perfectly fine with no error of the sort. I'm really not sure what's going on here anymore.

I've done everything I can do. I did everything I could to get the hard drive fixed. I've checked, and everything else on my account, including some new things I bought myself for Christmas, is easily installed onto the hard drive without this error. The Dimmdrive application had been stuck in my downloads as complete with this error (even after multiple restarts, system updates, and steam restarts) for the last month. And I can't even cancel it or get rid of it in my downloads because there is no option to. I've also tried validating the application files/cache, and it has done nothing to fix this either. Steam forums are of no help, nor are the ones on this site as it seems no one else has encountered it, or at least not enough to start up a public forum. Even an inspection by the nearest tech support/repair shop yielded no results as they concluded that the hard drive was working perfectly fine.

At this point, I've lost all hope of the application ever working again. I'd like to ask for either a refund on the product, or a free copy of the one provided through this website rather than through steam; preferably the latter.