Bufnitza

"Cancel" button during transfer

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

First off, great work with the tool. It's really improved my gaming experience.

However, I would like to make a request to include a "Cancel" button in the transfer window. It's very frustrating to start bootstrapping 10-15 GB of data just to forget that you actually wanted to include another game worth a few gigs as well. So you need to wait for the 15GB to finish transferring, then disable the Ramdrive, then transfer again ~20GB. Ideally, I would be able to cancel the initial transfer as soon as I realize that I need to include more data in the transfer.

Regards,

Buf

I know exactly what you mean.  I use Dimmdrive all the time for video related stuff (holy cow, seeking through videos is amazing when it is on Dimmdrive) and I've (though rare) added the wrong video that I was editing :)

Essentially, I removed the cancel button due to some internal methods I use to absolutely ensure file integrity being preserved.  I was running into some extremely rare yet pressing situations that were best resolved by removing the cancel button.  Nobody seems to really have missed it, so it stayed out.

Though I might consider re-adding it back in sometime in the future.  Just not yet :)

Just add to it a flashing red neon sign "Warning by canceling the copy now you might bring the apocalypse down on your system".  It might not stop all the complaints but they can't say they weren't warned.