Gunhed

Multi Instance or seperated activations

7 posts in this topic

Good morning,

I'd like to request a feature, where it is either possible to launch more than one instance of dimmdrive and create a couple of different ram drives, or where you can handle this in a single instance, with selecting different drive letters for various games/folders or programs.

It would enable you (for example) keep Firefox running on drive Z, while you change your current game from A to Game B on drive Y, without taking offline the drive Z with Firefox running.

I'm currently unable to use Dimmdrive together with programms, because every time I want to play something I need to take the Drive offline first.

Kind regards

bdogllc likes this

Please reply whether this proposed feature is yet on the roadmap.

Ramdisk is useful for running web browser and for seeding torrents and... and the need to stop/start all, globally, seems really inconvenient.

Multiple concurrent instances of dimmdrive, instead of switches enabling toggling individual virtual X,Y,Z named drives within the UI a single dimmdrive instance, either solution would be fine.

You can set up multiple folders at once in Dimmdrive, as well as use it as a generic location for temporary data if you'd like.

As far as a road map feature, you could recommend it!