Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim

Sneak peak at something new I've been working on: CPUCores

31 posts in this topic

will i can see cpucore be good if you have more core. but i don't know if there a options to set what core you like to run games and steaming. but i know if you going to steaming it going to used up alot of cpu but that depends if you going to set your game max setting so it going to do alot more work for gpu and cpu.

Another feature that would be nice is if there was one that could shut down services that are not required while gaming and turn them back on like themes, setting it to a basic theme and so on.  There is a list on Black Viper's website that lists different services that can be shut down to get more juice from a system.  Then as I recall there was a tool years ago called gear that would make some tweak to the system and things would just blast along however online games would flag you and boot/ban you but worked great for online games. I never investigated how it worked however I did run it a few times testing it out and it worked great, it was adjustable and such so  that you could slow down really old games that were running too fast on new hardware but it worked well on old games.  SO you might want to look at that and how it worked I think it had to do with zeroing out skipping wait states and such but I don't remember for sure.

DXMage, that is interesting.  I've started working on something similar to that but I've wanted to keep things extremely safe, so I'm taking things 1 step at a time.

That being said, CPUCores is another "living application" in that it will be updated lots :)

Sometimes when I post I go back and read things I posted and it looks like I was drunk at the time of writing =).  This post is to clear some of that up. If you remember Gear it I think cut out wait states completely or you could add them in too.  For offline games it was great in that it would really speed things up even for some operations in office.  It would also work great with taking really old DOS games that would blaze along way too fast to play and you could slow them down to a playable speed. If you used it in online games and you tweaked it too high you would get boot/banned in many online games. But as I said great for offline games.  

The services side of things I think would be very helpful to get another few percent out of a system.  Obviously not everyone would be able to use it properly so you might want to put a red flashing banner on those options stating it might cause your system to meltdown and burn a hole to the core of the earth, use at your own peril type of thing. 

Sometimes when I post I go back and read things I posted and it looks like I was drunk at the time of writing =).

I fit into that category as well.  Actually, both categories :)