Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R741984

DimmDrive not transferring "Selected Less Ram Files"

6 posts in this topic

I just purchased DimmDrive, and trying different variations to boost my gameplay.. but that's another topic.
Anyway, the game I want to use this for, (America's Army Proving Grounds), is bigger file size, than my RAM on System.
So I use the "Less RAM" selection..
I notice now, that when I view the RAM Drive, that only some of my Apps that are "On" in DimmDrive, are not in the newly created Ram Drive..
I should be close to exceeding storage limit, but it says the opposite.. I am almost EMPTY in the RAM Drive.

So, it would look like, im using up RAM, for nothing??

*I have increased my RAM availability, still same problem.. files aren't copied to new drive, yet it says it's "On" and green in DimmDrive.

**Also, DimmDrive is CHANGING my RAM Drive from 5gb (my input), to 4.2gb (DimmDrive input) on startup.  Maybe it's trying to save memory space for me? if not needed??

Please help.. Currently, I cannot use DimmDrive, as it would be pointless to take away RAM from the system, for a Drive that has nothing in it.

Thank you, and Hopeful for a better gameplay experience..

~Ryan

Can you post screenshots of how you have Dimmdrive configured, it running, and whatever shows things aren't working?

Make sure you have your game completely closed, no processes running, no CMD or Windows Explorer in the game directories, before starting Dimmdrive.

Thank you for the quick reply.. I'm having a hell of a time over here. Not sure how or if I can embed a photo on here. But here's a link. (click the hyperlink icon, and it won't let me push ok or leave)

https://r74sharing.shutterfly.com/pictures/9

An update since last post.. When I start DimmDrive, The .exe files from the Steam Game (Americas Army) are being removed from root directory and not being shown in Ram Drive. Re-installed game each time I try to start DimmDrive services.

But now.. I'm getting this "Unclean Shutdown Error" and can't get rid of it. I've closed all services, reboot app, reboot comp, Changed/Removed settings on DimmDrive. Going to try to re-install DimmDrive next.

I was having successful closes before, with original issue, but now, Can't even start DimmDrive at all.

Update**

After re-installing DimmDrive & Game, DimmDrive allowed to run selected "Less Ram Files" again.. but upon close and then restart of comp, DimmDrive, had same error of "Unclean Shutdown".
The game could not launch again either..

I did not see specific file names, but something along, RamDisk.bak & RamDisk.iso (these were in Blue Font for me), were in the C: Drive, and I deleted them, resolving the Error and Game stopping.

DimmDrive, can load game, and run properly, after deleting these files in C: Drive,

but seems to have to be done after every restart, and "Unclean Shutdown Error"

Update:

8 consecutive successful runs with DimmDrive.

Have not seen what turned out to be, Compressed Files in C: Drive (Blue Font), after the first delete.

Still received "Unclean Shutdown Error"s, went into Game folder, (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\(Game Folder)

and deleted the selected files for DimmDrive (<game file/folder>.DD.presync)

Looks like, the files/folders would get hung up on shutdown, but once I deleted them.. they haven't returned thus far.

All the while, trying to recreate these errors by leaving games open while closing DimmDrive, shutdown pc unexepectedly with DimmDrive open.. Nothing.

Working fine now.

Will update if any changes. And not sure if this is just a user error on my behalf, but if there's someone stupid enough like me ;) this is what I'm doing...

Can you post screenshots of how you're configuring Dimmdrive, how the game directories are, and a step by step on what you're doing?  Basically document it all with screenshots on what you are doing.