Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GameMaster78

Unclean shutdown detected

6 posts in this topic

Hi.

I am getting "Dimmdrive has detected an unclean shutdown and reverted any symbolic link changes. Please start your Dimmdrive again"

No matter how many times I restart it, it still get to that message.

What happened to get there was:

I had dimmdrive running.

By mistake I started another copy of it. It started and started creating another ramdrive.

Everything crashed.

The game I was mirroring was deleted from the Hard Drive (!!!!!)

After reinstalling the game (thanksfully the saves where on the cloud) no matter what I do I get the above error.

What are the steps to recover from this?

Thanks

Firstly, just reboot.  Make sure Dimmdrive isn't running.

Then after reboot, don't start any games or windows explorer or anything.  Just run Dimmdrive and let it do its thing.

That fix it? 

If not, post some screenshots of the error, as well as the directory of the game Dimmdrive is trying to do things to (or did before) so I can take a peek.

NOTE:   Do not have Windows Explorer open in the game directory, or the game itself, when Dimmdrive tries to do its thing, otherwise it will fail due to Windows file locking and all that :)

Thanks for your reply. I tried restarting several times and also uninstalling and reinstalling both the game and dimmdrive

Also, I confirm that explorer or the game were closed
Thanks for looking into this, please let me know

Regards

I fixed it.

The problem was that the syn directory is hidden. I did not knew and having the show hidden file option disabled I could not find it.

I tried again to run dimmdrive twice.

It will start stice and will let you create the ramdrive a second time. And also this timeit crashed and deleted the game it was loading. Still saving on the could, so not a big deal. Just to let you know

Thanks

NOTE:   Do not have Windows Explorer open in the game directory, or the game itself, when Dimmdrive tries to do its thing, otherwise it will fail due to Windows file locking and all that

Confused. Contrary to the quoted advice...

...in the demo videos posted to YouTube, an instance of windows Explorer (displaying content of HDD-resident folder) is kept open while DimmDrive is launched.