Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
killabyte

Batch launch option

11 posts in this topic

I use a program called Directory Opus which has many options. I run everything from it including games which I might have to load from a batch command to run other utilities the games might require. When launching my game or app from Dimmdrive I have no way of running the necessary utilities so I load my Dimmdrive then have to revert back to Directory Opus to run the batch command which has been redirected to the Dimmdrive. Some people may not have this ability, can Dimmdrive run a batch file instead of just the game or application loaded on it. I hope you understand what I'm getting at,

Thanks Tim.

I would like a command line option (to execute within a bach file) to enable a game in Dimmdrive, activate Dimmdrive and then launch (also the reverse). It would make automation much easier and is an essential feature imho.

There is a feature in the upcoming Dimmdrive that will enable you to run commands before/after enabling Dimmdrive.  For example, a .bat file after Chrome being enabled to change the swap directory to Dimmdrive.

Would this take care of what you're looking to do?

ThereIs0nly0ne likes this

Thanks very much for replying Tim. I think this would be the reverse of what I would like as this would enable batch file execution within Dimmdrive. What I would like to achieve is to control Dimmdrive through batch file commands.

What I am trying to achieve is as follows:

Launch Dimmdrive

Launch arcade frontend

Select Game (invokes a batch file) which results in:

-Execution of a command to enable a game in Dimmdrive

-Execution of a command to activate Dimmdrive

-Launch game

Options to do the reverse i.e. disable a game within Dimmdrive and disable Dimmdrive itself would alslo be useful to reset the state on game exit.

In the frontend I use, there is also the option to run pre-lauch jobs from a command line so the game enable/Dimmdrive activation could be invoked that way also.

I'd use it in general Tim. For example, to load the media files for the arcade frontend. Here's my customised design for clarity:

Main%20Selection%20Final_zpszvpovgcm.jpg

As the red central game selection bar is moved up and down, it loads the associated media and then displays them on the left to show a segment of gameplay. This can result in a pause as it does so, so I'd like to be able to load these at startup.

Once a game is selected, it invokes a batch file. For some of the games, I'd like to be able to use Dimmdrive to load files into memory and then release them once complete.

It's going into this DIY project build if you're interested btw:

MKX%20Vewlix%20640_zpsddz7vlqn.jpg

NewCP1_zpsts5r75as.jpg

It is super late right now so I can't fully reply, but I just wanted to say that the image you first linked is absolutely gorgeous.  Did you design that?

Hi Tim, it uses the Maximus Arcade Frontend framework. I designed the layout and artwork for the interface.