c1one

DayZ not launching.

22 posts in this topic

Hey there, that is an odd error.  I've heard from a lot of people that use it in DayZ.

Can you reboot, try it again?

You're using the MORE RAM, right?   What happens if you do the LESS RAM and then select it all minus any .exe type of files?

Hey there, that is an odd error.  I've heard from a lot of people that use it in DayZ.

Can you reboot, try it again?

You're using the MORE RAM, right?   What happens if you do the LESS RAM and then select it all minus any .exe type of files?

Of course I rebooted. I did set it up with the "Less RAM" option removing the .exe files from DD. Same error.

Hey there,

I am going to buy DayZ off Steam and test it out. Give me a couple days as I have never played game before. I'll probably make a Youtube HowTo video for you for DayZ and Dimmdrive :)

Edit: You mean the full DayZ game not the mod right? To be sure, can you please link me the Steam URL? Thanks

c1one likes this

I have used DayZ with prior versions of DimmDrive with no problem at all.

I think that getting DayZ is a good idea Tim, because it is very CPU intensive, and very unoptimized.  Plus, there is a huge cult following to it.

The mod would be listed as Arma II .

here is the steam URL for DayZ - http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/

c1one, if you have 32gb of ram, why are you using the "Less Ram" option?  Have you tried setting up the entire game?

DayZ veteran here.... been with it since alpha release.  It has really blossomed, and will continue to change.

Tim, don't be scared of DayZ, they will be using a new renderer engine "soon"

Hey there,

I am going to buy DayZ off Steam and test it out. Give me a couple days as I have never played game before. I'll probably make a Youtube HowTo video for you for DayZ and Dimmdrive :)

Edit: You mean the full DayZ game not the mod right? To be sure, can you please link me the Steam URL? Thanks

Yes, the "Standalone" version is the one I am having issues with. Thanks for your time!

cheers,

Chad

I have used DayZ with prior versions of DimmDrive with no problem at all.

I think that getting DayZ is a good idea Tim, because it is very CPU intensive, and very unoptimized.  Plus, there is a huge cult following to it.

The mod would be listed as Arma II .

here is the steam URL for DayZ - http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/

c1one, if you have 32gb of ram, why are you using the "Less Ram" option?  Have you tried setting up the entire game?

DayZ veteran here.... been with it since alpha release.  It has really blossomed, and will continue to change.

Tim, don't be scared of DayZ, they will be using a new renderer engine "soon"

I started with the full game but per Tim I tried it with the "less RAM" option. It may have worked before, maybe still does for some, but it does not work for me.

Info:

System: i7 5930 with Hyperthreading off

RAM: 32GB Quad Channel DDR4

Video: Tried both 1 R9 290 and 2 R9 290 in CrossFire

Game: DayZ Standalone - Current version: 0.53.xxx

Dimmdrive: Both More RAM and Less RAM*

*With .exe Files excluded 

Just bought it and am downloading it now.

I can tell you that I absolutely am horrible at these types of games, so give me a bit to get familiar with it and configure it and all that.  Then I'll make a video on it :)

I can tell you that I absolutely am horrible at these types of games, so give me a bit to get familiar with it and configure it and all that.  Then I'll make a video on it :)

I appreciate your time and no offense, but you knowing how to play the gaming and making a video do absolutely nothing to help the game start. That error is from about 5 seconds after trying to launch the game. 

Just wanted to let you know so we were clear on the issue.

Thanks for your time Tim.

Hi guys, so I just started playing a little DayZ SA and began to have this same problem. It seems the culprit might be steam_api.dll because as soon as I unchecked that one it worked. I also have all the other .exe's unchecked including the Battleye folder just in case. DayZ is working fine for me at the moment. Hope this helps...

Hi guys, so I just started playing a little DayZ SA and began to have this same problem. It seems the culprit might be steam_api.dll because as soon as I unchecked that one it worked. I also have all the other .exe's unchecked including the Battleye folder just in case. DayZ is working fine for me at the moment. Hope this helps...

This does get the game to launch, but I am now having issues with the game crashing. 

This does get the game to launch, but I am now having issues with the game crashing. 

Hmmm, I'm not having issues with the game crashing, have you found a fix yet since your last post?

Any update on this? I still have the game crash on me. Tried what seems like an infinite combination of folders and .exe.

Thanks.