Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oliveros9

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

2 posts in this topic

Anyone tried Dimmdrive with Microsoft Flight Simulator X (Steam edition)?

I tried it and I did not notice any improvements reducing microstutters. FSX is known by being constantly loading world data files and I thought DD would help reducing disk access time for that.

I used the "Less RAM" option with the FSX folders:

FSX/Scenery/Global/scenery
FSX/Scenery/World/scenery

Only 500 MB approx.

Anyone else using DD for FSX too?

Any advice?

Cheers,

OLI

I found changing some of my config files helped , Now this is let me remind you , is without steam edition . There are numerous changes to the config file to help you get rid of problems associated with the game.

so if you are  interested  in doing so please let me know ,so I'm  not wasting my breath. Im not trying to give you any files or sell you any files, im just trying to give you some insight and know how to maybe make your game faster , I've had to do this with my machine to make the game run smooth , and with trial and error seemed to accomplish that ,at least to my satisfaction....so enough of the foreplay so to speak . ill check back to see if you still might need help . dont get me wrong and i dont mean to step on toes here, Dimmdrive is a great product but with Dimmdrive and a tweeking of the config files ,you will have a smooth running fsx.

Hopefully i can steer you in the right direction to fixing those micro stutters