Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimmy12345

Dimmdrive service not installing.

3 posts in this topic

Okay. So I have the Dimmdrive installation non steam. That worked great. I got the steam key, and installed the steam version. I then uninstalled the non steam version so I only had the steam one. I figure I better do a fresh steam install since I did not follow the instructions properly and I go to install the steam version. When I hit launch app it comes up and tells me to install the service, I go throug it, and it stops at starting service, goes to registering product and then goes straight to rolling back actions. Then it says that the installer failed because of an error. I have rebooted and reinstalled about 8 times and it still does not work. The non steam version also does the same thing when it is in the setup. I really like this software (when it worked) and would like it to work again. I have also tried disabling my Bitdefender entirely and the HTTP scanning and everything. I have also tried to screw with the registry. That had no effect. Please help

I'm getting the same thing

edit:  Works now.

For reference, I uninstalled the non-steam version, rebooted, entered in my key in steam, installed the app through steam then went through the install process from the app.  Like the above poster, it went to starting service then went to 'rolling back' and said installer failed because of an error.

I then uninstalled it through add/remove programs (it was listed in there even though the full install didn't go through).  Rebooted, redownloaded through steam, and this time when it asked for the path where I want to install it, I told it to use the steam app path (for me D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dimmdrive) and it went through and installed correctly and seems to be working fine.