Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mythicae

A Feature Idea Perhaps

2 posts in this topic

Just throwing this idea out there.  It might not be viable once it is tossed around but who knows.  What would the pros and cons be for selling a 32gb or 64gb USB stick with DimmDrive already installed on it and ready to go.  I can see some pros, such as easily installed, dedicated swap space, safe from data loss.  There are probably others and probably some cons as well. 

What do you think,

Mythicae

I've thought about that exactly - nice idea!

PROS:   I'd make sure to sell a 200MB/s USB3 stick for cheap, which would be perfect for the Turbo mode!  The one I use now is amazing for fast boot-ups into Dimmdrive.

CONS:   I tried making USB3 memory card out of the stuff in my kitchen.  Surprisingly, I ended up with a burrito.  Despite being really tasty, the Burrito can't transfer data.  At least, not in the conventional way :)

Humor aside, it is a good idea, and I think it would be really neat, though being able to negotiate a hardware deal with a USB3 manufacturer is a bit over my head right now.  For the future, this would be something I'd definitely like to check out!