Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
n00b

Next Gen Rig ?

2 posts in this topic

So I'm looking into building a new computer and buying some new gadgets/peripherals I've had a nice chat with one of the guys from the forums and it was nice to get pretty geeky talking about hardware & games and I'm sure there are a few more people on the board that have some interesting things to add.

I really want to use Dimmdrive to it's full potential so hopefully by the end of the year there will be some pretty nasty DDR4 I'm sure there will be some things that change as the year progresses but currently here is my build order:

Motherboard: Asus RAMPAGE V EXTREME

Ram: HyperX Predator DDR4

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-5960X

GPU: Pascal generation Nvidia GPU [ETA 2016]

Monitor: ? 21:9, 144hz, G-sync, IPS ( http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/31.htm#144hz_ips )

Gadgets: Oculus Rift , Some H.O.T.A.S Setup probably Saitek X55 ( Both for Star Citizen :) )

So I think I've pretty much covered it you think I should add anything to it ? or know of any new hardware in 2015/2016 I should add ?

Looks nice!

I'm a bit torn myself as well.  I'm probably going to be building a new system, but I want to make sure I get the DDR4 RAM that has the absolute highest speed and I'm not sure where things stand right now.

For example, the RAM you linked says 3000mhz speed max, but that doesn't seem like it is much, right?  Aren't RAM speeds @ 4ghz for some types now?   Timings makes a HUGE deal, too.  I admit, I'm a bit behind in where DDR4 RAM is at these days :)