Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Islandboy

Show Game I am Playing instead of DimmDrive in Now Playing (Steam Version)

3 posts in this topic

I am not sure if I should make this a bug report, or a feature request, but since it's a native feature of steam I think it is more of a feature request.

Basically, when launching the steam version of the app, it tells my friends I am "in app: DimmDrive", since it is an app on steam, this makes sense. However when I launch a game (both with steam and with dimmdrive) the game I am playing does not update my now playing status, instead it stays with "in app: Dimmdrive".

This means that my friends do not know what game I am playing, and in addition there is no way for them to join me without me giving them the server ip I am on. It's generally a hassle. I was hoping there would be a way to minimize or stop dimmdrive from showing up in my now playing to make room for the games I am actually playing with the program.

Honestly, I don't think that he will get anywhere requesting that it shows the original steam came.  It can't do this, because that same game executable is not running from the same steam install folder.  There is a possibility of it being changed, but honestly with more and more companion programs coming up on steam, they need to change their method.  

The same thing happens with the Facerig program.  Even though that is just webcam, it shows me in that and not my game.  There is a bypass for this by starting facerig after your game, or just restarting it so that steam shows the game and not the "companion" app.  DimmDrive users do not get the benefit of this.

Which is why I suggest that Steam entertains a new form of reporting....... Imagine if it says that you're in Game X boosted by DimmDrive  ----- League of Legends with DimmDrive or League of Legends with Facerig.  I think this new nomenclature system would be good for the community.  

Thinking about it, there can be different colors for main games and different for companion Apps.  Steam could simply show Arma III DimmDrive

Just my Half a nickle.