Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim

If you are a Dimmdrive non-Steam purchasing Customer and want to swap

59 posts in this topic

UPDATE:  Thanks all, I'm closing the ability to transfer pre-Steam release to Steam release.  It was intended to allow this for 1 month, not 8 :)

If you are a paying Dimmdrive customer who purchased via the Dimmdrive website and want to swap over to a Steam license, please do the following:

• Send me a PM saying you want to swap over to the Steam license from your Dimmdrive licensed forum username
  • You must include the Paypal Transaction ID and the email address you purchased with.  It cannot be the "unique transaction ID".  The Paypal Transaction ID and email.  Those are the only things Paypal lets me look it up with :)
  • F5 your PM box till you see my response :)
  • Note:  This won't work for anybody who got a key via a give-away and is only for valid, paying customers.

Then I'll respond to your PM with a Steam key.  YAY!!

:)

Hello, I purchased your program on your website, will I still be able to run the nonsteam Dimmdrive if I swap to Steam ? If no, are you going to make an offline registration to the non steam Dimmdrive ? Thanks you very much

Thinking about this some more, what happened to 'Buy now and get a FREE Steam key @ launch!'

You did state a free steam key, so really that is what it should be, not one or the other to be fair.

bubblelint likes this

The Steam edition does indeed allow for offline use.

Tim has not responded to whether or not you will lose the non-Steam version upon getting the Steam version but I can say that it is currently not possible to have both installed at the same time. The Steam version is superior in every way anyways so this should not be an issue.

What fragba1t said.

I was under the impression that you would also provide us a free Steam key for users who bought prior to Greenlight once you have the program available for download via Greenlight.

Also fragba1t, from my impression, you would be able to use the non-Steam version of Dimmdrive with other programs much more easily (ie: BattleNet and Origin). From what I understood it would integrate into your Steam overlay and work with the games/programs you have enabled there.

Hey there,

All Dimmdrive customers can get swap to a Steam license, just follow the prompts in the OP and you'll be set.  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions! 

EDIT:  I just responded to about 20 PMs with Steam Keys.  If I missed anybody, please re-send PM :)

Vacsai8 likes this

@fragba1t

Out of personal interest: Why exactly do you want to maintain the non-Steam version?

The Steam version offers all of the same functionality but is also usable offline.

Edit: 100th Comment! :D

Okay I think I'm caught up on PMs again.  Holy cow you guys are all PMing me, but that's cool!

Deadmeat553:   I personally just launch it via Steam, and I'm guessing so does nearly everybody else, or they want to, but I rather keep both options open for now and just see how it goes.  100th :)

@fragba1t

Out of personal interest: Why exactly do you want to maintain the non-Steam version?

The Steam version offers all of the same functionality but is also usable offline.

Edit: 100th Comment! :D

I'm not bothered about using it offline, but I can see that being handy.  I just want my free steam that was promised.  It wasn't a case of 'buy now and migrate to the steam version on launch'  

Why promise your customers something then change the offer? I love the program, but starting to wonder what is going on here and the fact that Tim has posted twice since I brought this up and has yet to address it is starting to concern me.

Edited by fragba1t

Nothing was changed in any offers.  Any DD customer can get a Steam key.  The system will be self-serve at some point, but for now, just PM me per the OP :)

I should be caught up now, if not, re PM :)

Ooh I think I see what you're saying.  When I posted I was saying people could convert from a Dimmdrive non-Steam into a Steam license, versus having both. 

As far as the focus, actually BOTH versions will be the exact same, just using the licensing method of where you got it from. The only reason why things are delayed now is because I'm waiting on a little detail on Valve's end.  Things are probably taking a bit longer due to the recent holidays.