Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gioman97

Benchmarks

22 posts in this topic

Yeah, AVG is still saying that it's OpenCandy. I guess I'll just trust it. It's popular enough of software. :/

I recommend removing AVG and try out malwarebytes way better!

Eh, I stick with AVG because it's what I know and it does what I need it to. I have enough common sense to avoid downloading things that are shady (I only even accepted your direct download because I saw it was the exact same download as what I was getting from every other site so I decided to just say "fuck it"), so even the weakest protection is enough.

Eh, I stick with AVG because it's what I know and it does what I need it to. I have enough common sense to avoid downloading things that are shady (I only even accepted your direct download because I saw it was the exact same download as what I was getting from every other site so I decided to just say "fuck it"), so even the weakest protection is enough.

Just passing info along because I been using it for years works great for me I understand 

dXMUw.png

Eh, not great.

When I get the opportunity to do my desktop I'll do it for my HDD, SSD, and DD. I'm expecting all 3 scores to be way higher than the equivalents (obviously no equivalent for SSD) from my laptop.

Wow, to the OP, those HD speeds you have make me cringe, but your DD speeds are insane.

I actually do a lot of work from my laptop, and my HD is slow as balls (even though it is a SSD).  I personally have noticed some intense gains using Dimmdrive on my laptop.  I think overall it is because laptops are, for whatever reason, just not as I/O capable as a desktop, and it really seems to matter on a lot of games.

Damn looks like I need to get some new ram or try and OC a little bit I read the other DDR4 thread ... Might go shopping but I doubt it.

Seems like it would be a rather expensive trip since I would have to replace CPU & Motherboard + RAM.

Certainly would be interesting to see the benchmarks on who ever buys it tho'

Regardless I'm pleased with the results on my Crucial M4 256GB VS Corsair XMS3 ( 1600MHz, 9-9-9-24 timing )

iEuOrkIFFT1wo.png

I think I would be very upset if that was DDR4 Tim lol

It's just some Cheap-o DDR3 that I never bothered upgrading since I'm on an Ivybridge rig.

BUT I am Speculating whether I should build something new for when the Pascal GPU's come out ^^

I actually don't know of any DDR4 that is better than what DDR3 is available.

While there are MUCH higher speeds, the latency is also currently a good bit higher so it pretty much cancels out. Pretty much all current DDR4 has a first word of 10ns (the best I've seen is at 9.75ns). For example, a 3200Mhz CL16 DDR4 stick is equal to a 1600Mhz CL8 DDR3 stick.

I'm not saying that DDR4 isn't great. It's no slower than what DDR3 offers, has much higher storage potential, and eventually will be much faster than DDR3 ever was. It's just that it's not any better right now.

here's my results, pretty good for a laptop with factory ram ( qosmio x870-13l, i5 3210m, gtx 670m, 8gb ram ddr3  1600mhz, 5400rpm HDD)

b36d9f516a.jpg