Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaitte

A Few Usability Suggestions

3 posts in this topic

I've really been enjoying this program so far, although I do have a few suggestions. I'm sure have been brought up in the past, but here goes:

• More startup options. I would really appreciate the option to have DimmDrive minimized to the notification tray when I start my PC. Ideally selecting this will cause the login screen not to appear unless there's something that requires my attention.
  • A more "modern" UI option. I hate to say it but the current UI kind of just looks silly on modern computers :(
  • Related to the improved UI, but I'd specifically like to see some additional sorting options on the "Less RAM" screen. Being able to sort by file name, for example, would be quite nice.
  • I'd also love to see an option under the less RAM option have DimmDrive intelligently choose what files to sync. A few of the games that I play don't simply sort all of their files into giant pak files, instead they have tonnes of smaller files. The "paks" folder in EQ2 has 1300 files in it and I'd rather not have to sort those manually. I would really love it if you could implement some kind of feature that  analyzes the install directory (with option to further specify which directories exactly you want analyzed) in order to determine which files are accessed the most. DimmDrive would then automatically (based on a maximum RAM value for the game) select the files that would give you the most benefit.