Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deadmeat553

Non-Steam Games

3 posts in this topic

Hey buddy!

After a LOT of thinking and work involved, both the Steam and non-Steam edition will be the exact same for the time being.  So for the auto-detect features (such as Steam) this will be JUST Steam.  I won't bore you with the legal mumbo jumbo, but lets just say that Steam wants things to be just Steam, and since I'm a tiny little ant compared to the Steam/Valve company, I must OBEY!

But in the future, as I get more free time and possibly actually hire somebody to help me out, then I definitely would like to consider separate Dimmdrive versions, ones that could include auto-detection of other "game store" softwares.

Steam already supports foreign games on their Steam app to keep people using their app and therefore in their ecosystem.

As long as the foreign game have been manually added to Steam I can't see why they would have an objection to it.

Obviously this is a different kettle off fish to Dimmdrive launching games that aren't somehow added to Steam.

Anyway its a great start getting on Steam, look forward to where this all goes :)