Montresor

Wondering about potential benefit of DIMMDRIVE

3 posts in this topic

Hey there.  I'm new to RAM drives and am wondering how much of a benefit to my gaming experience DIMMDRIVE will have.  (Currently slogging my way through Dragon Age: Inquisition.  FC4 and AC: Unity are up next).  

I currently have two SSDs in my only two SATA3 slots.  My boot drive (128GB crucial m400 SSD) and 'current game' drive (samsung 850 pro 256GB).

I only have the 8GB of ram which I know will limit potential usefulness of DIMMDRIVE.  Since my MOBO / CPU is older, what would be the best upgrade option for speed / size / cost (in that order)?  Would there be any benefit to using DIMMDRIVE with just my existing 8GB of ram and my newly purchased SSD?

Thank you in advance,

• Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Processor 3.4 Ghz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155
  • Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz DDR3 240-Pin SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit
  • ASUS P8Z68-V PRO Motherboard
  • EVGA EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5

Also, I just purchased a fast USB 3.0 Flash Drive:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KT7DOSE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mixeevbchikku and jibjabst like this

Ok cool.  Thanks for the info.  36GB has always seemed excessive but apparently it can be put to good use.

What benefits would I receive with just the flash drive I purchased and my existing 8GB of ram.

Say I bite the bullet and shell out the $30 for the program and a couple hundred for the Ram.   Am I just shaving a few seconds off load times?  Would there be any in game, real world performance improvements?