Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Levest28

My Rig (And just bought DimmDrive!)

13 posts in this topic

Well, was kind of hesitant at first, but decided to from the dough and try DimmDrive out, seems worth it so far; but it won't detect League of Legends as a game...

I'll start with a bit of an overview of my system which shows the parts and drives I'm using:

6271860a7a.png

I have 4 SSD's the same model, and I put them in software raid using stripping in Windows. (For some reason when I enable RAID mode on the Sata controller in my BIOS, windows just blue screens even on fresh install) Then I have my "main" SSD running on it's own as my boot drive to install most things, and my mechanical hard drive to store movies and such...

Yes, everything is empty because I just did a fresh install of windows lol.

217aa8dbd4.png

I'll start this in order of the speeds.

Mechanical Hard Drive:

c4aef01b7e.png

Boot SSD Drive:

eda037cb91.png

Software SSD Raid:

11d252397f.png

DimmDrive Ram Disk:

3f3a6859b6.png

Michaelmt likes this

Those are some insane benchmarks!   Try running CPU-Z and see what it says for your memory speed (don't forget to multiple it based on DDR).  Other than some PM's I've received for speed numbers, I believe your benchmark has the record for Dimmdrive 2.0 speeds so far :)

About LoL:  Just drag the LoL shortcut into Dimmdrive's "Apps" area and you'll be set!

Edit:  Any shot I could get you to post a screenshot with all 3 benchmarks side-by-side with a note underneath showing what the drive is (Windows stickynotes?) as well as a CPU-Z with the SPD window selected, and then let me use it on the Dimmdrive.com website?

The record? Really? :D

Makes me really happy, Because I only installed this memory last weekend! (Here is the memory I've just bought and am using: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231490)

As for the screenshots, no problem, will do that :)

As for LoL, I mean that it would be nice if after I added it I could move it to the games list or something, so it's not with programs, and it can be sorted the same with the others.

Kind of hard to get them to fit nicely, hope this is okay (I'm leaving the benchmarks open so if there's some other way you want it arranged let me know)

SPD Tab Open: 903077ee41.jpg

Memory Tab Open: 1c5c979be3.jpg

Heck yea!  Awesome screenshots.  I'm glad you did the MEMORY tab in CPU-Z as that is the one I should have said (versus SPD)!

Great looking rig there!  What CPU cooler closed loop water cooling system is that?  It looks like a H100i but mine has a square cpu block versus your circular one.

Mine is the H110, which uses 140mm fans and so has a lot more surface area.

Ahh, very cool.  I'm on my second H100i as the first one's pump broke.  It looks like you replaced the 140mm fans for better ones, possible Noctua fans?  If so, those are the ones I have as well and love it.  I'm rocking a Corsair 800D which looks to be somewhat similar to your case.  I have a 3930k @ 4.4ghz w/64G G.skill memory running @ 2000mhz I believe 10-11-11-31T and your benchmarks crush mine!

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI LGA 1150 Intel Z97

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Overclocked to 4.5GHz

CPU Fan: Corsair H110 Water Cooling pump and radiator with quad Noctua NF-A14 FLX 140mm fans

Memory/RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) @ 1600MHz (10-10-10-30)

Video Cards: 2 x GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB

Storage:
1 x PLEXTOR PX-512M5Pro (512GB)
4 x Crucial CT256MX100SSD1 (256GB Each)
1 x WDC WD10EZEX-60ZF5A0 (1TB)

Power Supply: OCZ-ZX1250W

Case: Corsair 750D

Thanks again for randomly posting your benchmark info!  I've actually used your screenshots a couple times and even sent it to a person @ Valve software to look at.

Many thanks!!

Tim