Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vectorr66

CS:GO VAC?

5 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I have been playing a ton of CS:GO lately and I decided to try to load it in DD to see how things worked. I loaded it today because it wasnt seen in the steam games for some reason. It installed and I launched it.

Then I get a warning that it was launched outside of steam and is not verified. I will not be able to play on VAC servers. Is this something we would not be able to get past?

They think I am cheating because it was loaded from another source.

Thanks!

Mike

Dimmdrive does launch it in Steam using the GUI, and also you can use Steam itself to launch it. Dimmdrive doesn't touch or modify or anything any components of Steam or Game data contents.  As in, Dimmdrive isn't another "source".  It is simply another hard drive.  Just one that is insanely fast :)

I don't have CS:GO to test, but I've tested with Valve games.  You can see TF2 here for example: 

Can you list steps/screenshots for how you have it set up? Also make sure you have the most current versions.

Sent you a message on your FB Dimmdrive page. You def have a great product here not only for us gamers but also us photographers. I am going to try to spread the word amongst the pros I know.